Saturday, December 16, 2017

We Three Kings

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in December.
 
Hope your Christmas plans are going well. Mine are just a bit behind. But today, I will finish up the cards and get them addressed and I will be on schedule. I have one more card to make and then I will be officially done this year. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. Each year I say that I am going to make cards all year but it doesn't happen. Maybe this coming year it may work. 
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog and also for the IC628 challenge on Splitcoaststampers.
 
Today for your viewing pleasure, I created a card using the Nativity - Three Kings die. I had this idea to use this Three King's die and a background of sheet music. Well fortunately for me, Pam my DT sister, directed me to where I could get these vintage printables for free. And, my card came to life. So let's get started with some details on how I created this card.

Step 1: My first step was die cutting the 3 Kings. I wanted them to have colorful outfits so I used bright colors for their Kingly attire.
I colored two of the faces with Copic E00 (skin white) and E02 (fruit Pink) for some shading. For the 3rd King I sponged a medium brown ink on white cardstock and then die cut from there.
The die pieces were adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte. I like this adhesive when using die cuts because it dries clear.
 
Step 2: The vintage song sheet can be sized however large you need it. I used my photo editing software to size it to 4 x 6 and then printed on parchment paper. Then I cut it down to 3 7/8" x 5 1/8". If you are interested here is the Pinterest link for this song printable. I used gold foil as my layering panel and the card base is a berry shade. It's the same color I used for the Kings garments.

Berry Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Gold Foil Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Song Panel: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Step 3: Time for card assembly and I used double sided tape to attach the panels.
The Kings were attached with dimensional adhesive. I wanted them raised up from the panel for depth.
Once they were on the panel I decided the Bethlehem Star would look good. I wanted something small as an embellishment. So I used the Three Kings Peace ornament and cut just the star. I wanted more depth here as well so I cut 2 more and layered them.
That complete my card for this post. It's a simpler one, but I like how it turned out. So until next time.......God bless.

Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznativity-threekings.aspx
 

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzthreekingspeaceornamentelites.aspx

I am also entering:
1.  A Gem of a Challenge has anything goes Christmas.
2. Crafting By Designs has a Christmas challenge.
3.  Jingle Belles has a holiday wrap-up challenge.
4 C.R.A.F.T. challenge is Christmas.
5.  Creative Knockouts has a Christmas Delights challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you've used the song panel as a background for these super little kings.
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails