Sunday, December 10, 2017

Christmas Eve Santa

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog this Sunday in December.
 
It is cold and blustery today but we aren't having snow like other areas of the country. it's one of those days when I start thinking of comfort food. So for brunch, after church, we had pumpkin pancakes and eggs. The pancakes with real maple syrup really satisfied on a cold day.
 
Busy day for me again today. I have some DT cards due so I will be working on those most of the day. My hubby went to help his Mom get her home decorated for Christmas so I don't have to fuss over dinner.
 
But, before my day starts I wanted to post another Christmas card.  I made this one for the color challenge #650 on Splitcoaststampers. I was the hostess and I chose tranquil tide, crumb cake, soft suede and very vanilla as the color palette. Optional on this palette is ribbon or twine.
tranquil tide, crumb cake, soft suede, vanilla
I decided to try and come up with a Christmas card with these colors. Yay! I was successful.

I used the CottageCutz Christmas Eve die and cut in very vanilla cardstock. Looks like this die is sold out but here is another very similar that would work for this card as well. It's the Santa's Best Friend's die.  Layered that over Stampin'-Up tranquil tide designer paper from the delightful daisy collection. It reminded me of a nighttime sky.

I paper pieced the deer with soft suede cardstock. They are part of the die. I tried sponging but it was just a bit too light so I used cardstock.

For the moon I wanted some definition, so I inlaid silver (neutral) cardstock. I created a snowbank and added chunky glitter.

To finish off the card, I stamped my sentiment and added a linen thread bow to the lamppost. The sentiment is the wandering words stamp from Stampin'-Up.

Well that's it for me for today. So until next time........God bless.

card details:
Stamps: wandering words (Stampin'-Up)  
Paper: tranquil tide, crumb cake, very vanilla, soft suede, delightful daisy dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Ink: tranquil tide  
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: Christmas Eve die (CottageCutz), in the meadow die (PTI), linen thread, chunky glitter (Stampin'-Up) 

I am also entering:
1.  Addicted to Stamps has a Season's Greetings challenge.
2.  Come and Get It has a Christmas Challenge.
3.  Dragonfly Journeys has a Here come Santa Claus Challenge.
4.  Pile It On has a non-traditional holiday colors challenge
  
 

6 comments:

  1. Love love love your card and the colour combo is beautiful...off to check out the gallery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card with a lovely design and colours! Stunning!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colors -- They are just perfect on this card. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Mary. I love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beuatiful card. I love your background and your Christmas/winter scene is perfect. Thank you for playing with us at Pile It on December's Challenge. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary! I love the Santa scene and the great color combination. Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining my Here Comes Santa Claus blog challenge :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails