Wednesday, June 28, 2017

~ Home of the Free ~

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. I can't believe that June is almost over and July will be upon us. We will be celebrating the 4th of July holiday in less than a week.
 
Tomorrow evening I will be hosting a little get together for the Preschool teachers.  I am having a lot of different appetizers with a Greek flair. I will let you know all that I make in my next post. There will be 8 of us enjoying a beautiful summer evening on my deck.
 
I am excited that all the teachers will be together for something other than a preschool function. Lots of work on my end tomorrow but I am looking forward to it.
 
Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I made for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #640. I was the hostess for this challenge and I chose real red, dapper denim, smoky slate and whisper white for the color palette. Optional this week is something patriotic.

For this card, I did something a little different than my usual style. I have been seeing lots of patriotic cards on Pinterest using the Stampin'-Up "work of art" set. Here is one of those cards.

I don't have that set but I thought the "sheltering tree" set might work. So that's what I used and with the help of my MISTI I was able to stamp the flag and flag pole. For the vertical part of the flag, I used the "brushstroke" stamp set and stamped in dapper denim.

My sentiment is from SNSS "patriotic cocoa" set. Cut a few stars and scattered them around the card to complete it.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. Time to dim the lights in Charmed Life land for another day. So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: sheltering tree (Stampin'-Up), patriotic cocoa (SNSS)
Paper: dapper denim, real red, smoky slate, whisper white
Paper Size: A2
Ink: real red, dapper denim  
Accessories: sun, moon and stars die (MFT), MISTI  
  
 

1 comment:

  1. Great card and what a wonderful idea to use the stamps that way!
    Every time you start talking about the menus for your get togethers, I get hungry!! Greek appetizers sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails