Saturday, June 10, 2017

Hugs From the Herd

Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Saturday to you. Another weekend is upon us and hope that brings some fun plans. We are celebrating my Mother-in-law's 86th birthday tomorrow at my home. 
 
I decided to keep it simple (menu wise) by cooking out on the grill. She is a woman of plain tastes and a simple palette with food. So my elaborate meals aren't impressive to her. And, sometimes that makes it harder for me to plan a meal when she is coming over. I just need to figure out some side dishes and I will be good to go.
 
Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.
 
Combining the new word die phrases with a stamped sentiment is always a fun way to create a card. That's the direction I am going today.  I did this technique with this card and another idea popped into my head using the Baby Clothesline and Hugs Phrase dies.

I need a card of encouragement for a friend of mine who is battling cancer. And, the sweet baby animals are just too cute. And, they worked perfectly with the Hugs Phrase and sentiment I used.

So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Mint Macaron Card Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Patterned Paper Image Layer: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
 
Step 1: As I was looking through my cardstock and patterned papers, I found some card bases from Concord & 9th that have the look of water coloring. This is so popular in card making right now but I never like how mine turn out. That was the reason I bought the card bases. There are 4 different color schemes in the pack and I chose the mint.  With the coral hugs word and all my animal colors, I thought this would be a good base color.
Step2: I used the Baby Clothesline die and cut all the animals. Instead of cutting in white and coloring them, I used different colored cardstock for each animal. Either way works just fine. Just depends on what you want to do. Ranger multi-matte medium is my adhesive for securing the pieces together. 
Step 3: I cut the Hugs Phrase in coral cardstock. I only show one cut in this photo but on assembly I decided to cut another one. It just gives it a bit of dimension. I just love the font on these new Phrase dies.
Step 4: Now that everything is cut, it's time for card assembly. First, I stamped my sentiment. Although I forgot to take a photo after this step. I used a combination of glue dots and the multi-matte medium to secure the animals to the patterned paper.
Attached my hugs phrase and then used some coral twine because I wanted it to look like the animals are holding the word.
Step 5: I die cut a few hearts to add to the top of the card. This helped to balance it out for me. The stitched hearts are part of the Stitched Cupcakes dies set. They were the perfect size to fill in the open area. I cut the hearts in the coral cardstock. This color works nicely with the mint. 
 
Well, that completes my card for this post.  Hope I have given you another idea for a way to use the Expression Phrase dies. So until next time.........God bless.
 
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbabyclothesline.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsplushugsphrase.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedcupcakes.aspx
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a sweet card! I love the die cut animals holding the hugs banner, and the watercolor background looks great with them! Prayers for your friend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails