Monday, February 29, 2016

Baby Card

 
Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Well, I am happy to report that we finished removing the wallpaper from our kitchen walls. It was a tough job and my hands and finger nails suffered a bit but it's all over now.
 
On Saturday I went to the tile shop that our contractor recommended. They have kitchen displays set up with different types of backsplashes. There was so much that I liked and quite a variety. 
One of the sales associates gave me some good advice. He said I should pick my countertop and have it installed and then come with a sample and pick my back splash. 
 
I thought I needed to take a tile sample in order to pick the countertop. I had the process backwards. I match the counter to my cabinets. So armed with my small cabinet door, off I went to the granite store. There just happens to be running a special on countertops. I narrowed it down to 2 that I really liked.
 
There is one other place that I am going to either today or tomorrow and then my decision will be made for the counter. Then I pick my backsplash and floor and our installer will be ready to go. Whew -  lots of decisions to be made.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for a dual purpose. I submitted some of my work to Cottage Cutz because there was a design team call. I made it to the 2nd round and submitted this card as one of my projects.
 
They liked my work and chose me as one of their designers for the next 6 months starting in March. See the announcement here.
 
To create this card, I used the challenge colors #571 from Splitcoaststampers. Barbara was our hostess and she chose wisteria wonder, pool party and pear pizzazz for her color trio.
 
I started my card by stenciling the background in the challenge colors. I used a stencil from Dylusions. I found a piece of Stampin'-Up designer paper in my stash that had all 3 challenge colors. It was the perfect size for one of my panels.

My layout is an older Wednesday sketch #552 also from Splitcoaststampers. For the other rectangle I used the Stampin'-Up  "gorgeous grunge" stamp set in pool party ink.

On the image panel I used a Cottage Cutz baby elephant die and cut in pool party cardstock. Used another Cottage Cutz round balloon die and cut in wisteria wonder cardstock and die cut the letter "B" for baby. Finished off my card with some pear pizzazz ribbon and bow.
 
Well, that's it for me for today. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: gorgeous grunge (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper: wisteria wonder, whisper white, dsp (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: wisteria wonder, pool party, pear pizzazz 
Accessories: dotted flower stencil (Dylusions), sweet baby elephant & round balloon dies (Cottage Cutz), pear pizzazz & white ribbon, MFT little letters die 
Techniques: stencil  
 
 
 
 
I am also entering:
1.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge.
2.  The Ribbon Girls has a use any image challenge along with ribbon.
3.  Alphabet Challenge has a "Z" for zoo animals
4.  Crafting With Friends has an anything goes challenge.
5.  Really Reasonable Ribbon wants us to celebrate with ribbon or trim

9 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful baby card love the layers and fabulous backgrounds-Thank you for Joining us at Crafting With Friends
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Mary!! I love you card, the layers, color and the cutie elephant makes a beautiful card! Your kitchen redo sounds fabulous, such fun to pick all the different elements! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous project with so many wonderful details! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us in the Really Reasonable Ribbon's "Celebrate" challenge this time!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, RRR DT
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
    Really Reasonable Ribbon DT
    House of Cards DT
    Crafty Friends DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary!
    What a super cute and creative card. You are so creative and make such fun cards. Thanks for sharing your taletns in our Celebrations Challenge. I hope you will join us again soon.
    Karen
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our ALPHABET challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet and adorable baby card. Thanks for sharing at LPoCF challenge. Have a great day
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and cute elephant - thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl February 'use any image' challenge, best of luck, Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute creation. Thanks for joining out challenge at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends. Hope to see you again soon.
    Lynn, LPoCF DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails