Saturday, November 22, 2014

HYCCT1425 ~just saying hello~

 
Hello Blogger Friends and a good Saturday morning to you. It's the start of the Thanksgiving rush for me. Today my plan is to go and do my food shopping for the big day.
 
I am also still trying to get my house back in order after the bedroom painting and rearranging of another room. We have an old 36" television that has presented a problem getting it downstairs.
It is extremely heavy and the first attempt at bringing it down didn't work. So it is sitting in one of the spare bedrooms and I am more than anxious to get rid of it. Hopefully, it will happen in the next couple of days.
 
My neighbor also asked me to make her wedding invitations. And, today is our first meeting to get something together. The wedding is next October and I won't be starting them until after the holidays. But, I would like to get an idea of what she is after as far as a design.  
 
So that's the layout of my day. Hope you have something fun planned on this pre-thanksgiving weekend. Let me know in your comment.
 
Now onto my card for today. This is another one of the cards that I created for the Splitcoaststampers HYCCT challenges. Kelli Jo was the hostess for the HYCCT1425 challenge. She asked us to create a card using the Bokeh Technique.
 
I have seen lots of cards in blog land using this technique but have never done it myself. I looked at several tutorials but in the end I just did my own thing. I like how it turned out.
 
Here is a video tutorial from Lydia over at Splitcoaststampers. My card is very loosely based on what she did.

I used coastal cabana ink and both Stampin-Up and Dylusions dot stencils to create the background. I used sponge daubers and let the ink get very light before I re-inked the dauber.

My butterfly is cut from an Elizabeth Crafts die. The sentiment is a stamp set that a friend of mine gave me but it has no company name on it (?).
 
Well, that's my card for today. Time to get a start on my day. So until next time.......God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: whisper white, coastal cabana, fresh prints dsp (Stampin-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: coastal cabana 
Accessories: sponge dauber, SU & Dylusions dot stencils
Techniques: Bokeh Background

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful card Mary!! I love the soft dotted background to show off the awesome butterfly!! Hope you and your family have a Fabulous Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails