Saturday, November 15, 2014

HYCCT1424 ~Hi~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Our day today was a bit busy but a good one of being with family.
 
We went to watch our youngest grandson play his first basketball game of the season. They lost but it was fun seeing him run up and down the court.
 
Then after the game we went to the carpet store to take a 2nd look at a new area rug for our dining room. My hubby liked it and we ended up buying it. I cant wait to get it down and move the existing one to one of our spare bedrooms.
 
My mother-in-law has been sick with bronchitis and she has been bed ridden. My hubby's family has been taking turns to make her dinner and spend the night with her. She is turning the corner and her appetite has returned. I made her some beef stew, and we took it over and had dinner with her. She really enjoyed it and said it was the best she ever tasted. That is quite a compliment from a mother-in-law to a daughter-in-law, I would say.
 
Now onto the card I am showing today. I made this one for Robin's HYCCT1424 challenge.  She wants us to use any kind of resist technique. I chose the wax paper resist technique. Here is a link to the tutorial I used.

For the embossing, I used the Cuttlebug "floral fantasy" embossing folder and embossed my wax paper and then I placed it between my sheets of glossy cardstock to iron.

I then took my Ranger mini ink blending tool and peacock feathers distress ink and rubbed it into the glossy cardstock.  I really like how the background turned out.
 
I paired it with calypso coral cardstock and ribbon. My flowers are cut from the Memory Box Chloe die. My "hi" word is a die from the MFT "happy hellos" set.
 
Sent this card off to my daughter-in-law for her birthday. It's coming up this Tuesday. The happy birthday words are stamped inside the card.
 
Well, that's about it for today. So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: bermuda bay, whisper white, calypso coral,  Kromekote glossy paper 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: peacock feathers distress ink (Ranger) 
Accessories: Cuttlebug floral fantasy EF, Memory Box Chloe die, MFT happy hellos die, calypso coral ribbon and brad (Stampin-Up) 
Techniques: Wax Paper Resist 

I am also entering:
1. ABC Challenge is x for xtra special. Create an item for a special person or occasion. This is for my daughter-in-law.
2.  Crafts Galore Encore challenge is anything goes.
3.  Sisters of Craft has an anything goes challenge. 
   
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Mary, love the color combo and the way you colored the embossing to show it off! Really made a lovely background for the cut out flower! Sounds like your beef stew is the Best!! :) Have a super week~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card in gorgeous colours. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Mary! Love the technique and the layered flower die cuts! These colors work perfectly for this week's Color Throwdown! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color combo and a gorgeous bow, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fabulous colours and style. Thanks for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore. Remember there is a Design Team Call, so pop over and have a look. Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waaaaaw so very pretty! thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge! Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails