Friday, November 21, 2014

HYCCT1414 ~in the meadow~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. I have been busy this week with Pre-School and I had some dental work done.
 
Well, the dental work was actually the beginning of an implant. I had a tooth pulled about 3 months ago. I can't believe the meds you take before the work and then an antibiotic afterwards.
 
The surgeon puts a titanium rod into your bone and then you visit your dentist to get the actual tooth. The pain afterwards was minimal and controlled by medication but it was all good the next day. It is a bit pricey to have an implant done and I am thankful that I have dental insurance.
 
Last night we went to the Benedum Center in Pittsburgh for a performance of White Christmas. It was a very upbeat musical with lots of dancing. We enjoyed it a lot. It was our anniversary gift to each other. If the show comes to your area, I would recommend it.
 
Now onto my card for today. Time to start showing Christmas cards. This one is a side step card. My local stamp store carries these already cut step cards and you just have to decorate them the way you want.
 
They are sold by a company called "The Paper Cut" in case you are looking for them. So much easier for me than trying to make the cuts for the side steps yourself.
 
Although , now I have also seen a die from Sizzix that will make this cut also.
 
This was the card I made for Kim's HYCCT1414 challenge. She wanted us to create a side step card.

For my card I used dies from PaperTrey Ink "in the meadow" collection and the matching stamp set. The designer paper is from Stampin-Up's "winter frost" collection.

That's my card for today. Time to get ready to go to the gym. I meet up with my exercise group today. Although there will only be 2 of us but that's okay. At least I am getting my routine in to keep off the weight I lost earlier this year.
 
So until next time........God bless.  
 
card details:
Stamps: in the meadow (PTI) 
Paper: WW, coastal cabana, island indigo, smoky slate, winter frost speciality dsp (Stampin-Up) Ink: island indigo Techniques: side step card  
Accessories: in the meadow dies (PTI), Spellbinder snowflake die, chunky gliter (Stampin-Up)    

I am also entering:
1.  Brown Sugar Challenge is to use 2 or more colors. I used 3 + designer paper.
2.  Chocolate, Coffee and Cards challenge is your favorite holiday. Mine is Christmas.
3Christmas Stampin' All Year Long has an anything goes. 
4.  Crafty Catz has a winter theme challenge. 
5. Crafting By Designs has a get ready for Christmas challenge.   
 

4 comments:

  1. This is very cool! And having a pre-cut card would make it so much easier. Such pretty colors and the little scene is cute! Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cool! Love the cool scene you created with this step card design, Mary! Fabulously done! Wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, wonderful use of colour and design, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. superbe et tellement charmant Mary, j'aime ces découpes, merci de jouer avec nous chez CSAYL, biz

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails