Saturday, February 20, 2016

~Hugs From Afar~

 
Hello Blogger friends and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. It's a beautiful Saturday here in Pittsburgh. The sun is already shining and we are supposed to have temperatures around 60°. Definitely a spring like day and one to be enjoyed in the middle of winter.
 
Our grandson Ethan spent the night and he and my hubby went to some local high school basketball games. It's playoff time and this is something they have done for several years now. And this afternoon they will be back in the gym watching some more games. So that gives me a free afternoon.
 
I want to go to our local big box store to check out material for the back splash for our kitchen. We are at the point now in the remodel to begin picking our floor, backsplash and countertop.
I hope this stage doesn't get a bit overwhelming with all the options we will have. I am trying to narrow down choices so my hubby and I can make a decision together. Anyway,  I will keep you updated on my progress here.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #570 on Splitcoaststampers. Peggy is our hostess and she chose cherry cobbler, mossy meadow and hello honey for her color trio. 

Love this color combo and I thought flowers when I was planning my card. I looked through my Stampin'-Up designer paper collections and found the "Farmer's Market" and "English Garden" collections with this week's colors. Score!!!

The pot of flowers is cut with dies from MFT. I added the "sending" word cut in cherry cobbler. This is a die from Simon Says Stamp. The sentiment is from Verve. It was a gift for an order I placed.

On the embossed panel, I used the Stampin'-Up "boho chic" folder. Completed my card by adding some very vanilla grosgrain ribbon and then some hello honey thick bakers twine.

This card is going off to my BFF, Elaine who is battling breast cancer. She just completed her 3rd chemo treatment and this one was a bit rough. Pray for her! I try to keep cards headed her way for a little bit of cheer during these treatments.
 
Well, that's it for me for today. Time to get my day started. So until next time......God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: Verve 
Paper: cherry cobbler, hello honey, mossy meadow, very vanilla, farmer's market & english garden dsp (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 
Ink: cherry cobbler 
Accessories: spring garden dies (MFT), sending die (Simon Says Stamp), boho chic EF, hello honey thick bakers twine & candy dots (Stampin'-Up)
 
I am also entering:  
1.  Crafty Friends has a girly challenge. 
2.  My Time to Craft has a check it out challenge.
3.  Brown Sugar has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
5.  4 Crafty Chicks has a friendship challenge. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is just fabulous. I love it. Great design and great colours. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Crafty Friends Challenge #25 and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great colors on this Mary - love all the panels and the sweet die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary I love the flowers, twine and the wonderful selection of colors you used. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure this card will cheer up your friend - wishing her well! So glad you shared this card with us at My Time To Craft!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails